Warning!! Here’s what most Autism Nutritionist and Dietitians are making you to believe about “autism diets”
Don’t even think about joining their bandwagon before reading this…
Well I see a lot….I mean almost “all” of the dietitians and nutritionist I see on social media, make contents about diet foods for our child on the spectrum. We follow them because:
A. It is coming from an “authority” who studied and has taken some certification so ofcourse they know better right?
B. The food they are asking you to choose are “easy to feed and do not require much effort to feed on your end”.
These are “food” such as “chocolate covered freeze dried strawberries”, or “Crispy Cauliflower Bites”, “Chickpea Fluffs” or something similar that comes in a package and has preservatives and has sugar, msg (connected to neurological dysfunctioning) and the likes of stuffs full of fluffs like these chickpea fluffs….ugghhhhh…..
<picture me screaming like a banshee inside>
It is one thing to be hassled and make the parent and our beloved super picky eaters to try new foods but introducing packaged food as “health foods/ Real food” are just not acceptable.
Here’s WHY you MUST ABSOLUTLY cut down on “packaged health food goodies”
- Packaged food are dead food. The more alive food read fruits and veggies the better. At least if you do get packaged vegetables and fruits, I do too, make sure they are frozen raw fruits and veggies without any Processing done. I use frozen produce to make our meals.
- Packaged food contains “Preservatives and Flavoring agents” which are chemicals that increase the toxic load of your child’s body. His body already is in a nutritionally deficient state and has higher toxins and you getting him extra chemicals is weakening his system.
- Packaged food are HARD TO DIGEST. Because it comes in a form that our body do not recognise right away as food. Your autism child has lower digestion capabilities and add hard to digest food like commercially mass prepared “crisps and fluffs”
- Packaged ready food are Inflammatory in nature. In connection to the above point, what the body cannot recognise it reacts to by treating that as a pathogen and enemy and rather than trying to digest these food are either shoved aside and rots in the colon leading to constipation. Or they are fought off which increases inflammation. either way they are ruining the digestive system.
- Packaged food as real food is a brainwash. The food industry wants you to buy from them its their profit. So to keep earning they add labels like “organic, added vitamins, minerals, real fruits, vegetables” etc. words which makes you feel you are buying real food. That is a brain wash and eye wash and it in turn wash you of money which you can invest in buying natural produce and also these washes the child off from getting the right food the right way.
The reason all these food and the authoritative figures telling you to feed your child such food is because of YOU my friend. No, I am not saying its your fault in any way…..I am saying this:
You are tired, exhausted, out of touch with your inner wisdom. You want someone to ease your burden. You will rather die than someone asking you to try harder!!
I TOTALLY GET IT!!
The will power it takes to choose effort over ease is very taxing on you. It kills you when your son closes his mouth when you attempt to feed him the meal that you lovingly made. Or worse throw the food away and scratches or bites you!
BUT feeding your autism child real food on a daily basis can be effortless, easy and rewardingly possible.
That is done by Understanding you. Your resistance, your anxious energy and the fact that you are totally alone trying to feed him good food. Your spouse might not be on board and put all the work on your shoulder, other family members might tell you that you are trying the wrong way etc. etc.
When you find yourself alone, the easiest option will always sound the best! And you WILL choose them. That’s human psychology and that’s how the industries get hold of you in the first place.
That’s why I have taken all my learnings (as an autism mom who went from having a low functioning non verbal child to having a verbal, happy, healthy and thriving child) and made that into a system. This is my 5 Pillars to Autism Health, Recovery and Success.
The 1st Pillar to that is your MINDSET.
When you truly “Believe” the route that needs to be taken and then you work out to break free of your inner resistance (that might be your trauma response) then only you can feed your child all the health foods with ease and grace.
More on that later. I want to leave you today at this.
If there is one thing to think is to know this….
Food that are alive, that rots, that can grow and are from the earth is real food. Real food are what the body can digest, process and the nutrients be available to use. Added vitamins and minerals are synthetic in nature or are hard to digest by an already overburdened digestive system. The Choice is Yours.
If you want to learn more come join my Instagram of Facebook group.
And If your inner wisdom says that you need the system to make life easier, to be able to feed your child real food, to see your child happy, healthy and reaching milestones than I recommend you consider to join my Autism Recovery and Success Program. All links are in the Contact page. Bye.